Link Trend


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baby Nevaeh grabs Doctor Allan Sawyer's finger during birth


As baby Nevaeh was preparing to enter the world, she latched onto the finger of Dr. Allan Sawyer and the special moment was captured by her father for the world to see.

Randy Atkins, Nevaeh’s father, snapped the photograph after Dr. Atkins told him the baby had grabbed a hold of his finger.

Milford Sound in New Zealand
(Credit: Facebook/Alicia Atkins A Classic Pin-Up)

"The doctor called me over and said, 'Hey, she's grabbing my finger.' So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture," Randy Atkins said in an interview with azfamily.com. 

Nevaeh, heaven spelled backwards, was born in Oct., but her parents Randy and Alicia Atkins waited until the day after Christmas to post the photo to A Classic Pin-up’s Facebook page, which is Alicia’s photography business.

“I can FINALLY share this!!!” she wrote as the description to the photo that has now gone viral. “This was 10 weeks ago when I was having my C-section and Dr. Sawyer broke my water and my daughter reached up out of my stomach and grabbed the Dr.'s finger and my hubby caught this special moment.”

Since the photo has been uploaded, it has been liked more than 6,000 times and A Classic Pin-up has been viewed by more than 36,000 people in the seven days following its posting. The photo has also been shared by nearly 4,000 people worldwide.

“We didn't think we were going to get such positive feedback. We thought we would get more negative ‘that's disgusting…’” Alicia said during the news interview with Jason Volentine of azfamily.com. “[Instead] everybody just thought it was the best thing in the world.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]