RAZZIES nominations for worst movies of the year announced
While locally-filmed “Silver Linings Playbook” was picking up eight Oscar Nominations earlier this morning (like Best Actor for Bradley Cooper), there were quite a few other movies that were receiving movie award nominations—just not in a positive way.
On their official YouTube page, the RAZZIE AWARDS (an award show that honors the worst movies of the year) released their nominations for the 33rd Annual RAZZIE AWARDS.
33rd Annual RAZZIE AWARDS NOMINATIONS:
“The worst achievements in film for 2012 include several repeat offenders, returning for more pie-in-the-face/light-hearted joshing in the one tinsel town trophy derby no one wants to win,” the RAZZIES website said of the award show that finds the worst of the 727 movies that were released this year.
Movies with multiple nominations include: Adam Sandler’s “That’s My Boy,” “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2” and Eddie Murphy’s “A Thousand Words,” which received a perfect zero percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes—a movie review website that teams up with the RAZZIES to compile the list of nominees.
Kristen Stewart, Tyler Perry and Nicolas Cage were both nominated for Worst Actor/Actress for not one, but two different films that they starred in during the 2012 calendar year.
Check out some of the list below:
- Oogieloves the Big Balloon Adventure
- A Thousand Words
- That’s My Boy!
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Katherine Heigl (One for the Money)
- Tyler Perry –in drag- (Madea’s Witness Protection)
- Barbara Streisand (Guilt Trip)
- Kristen Stewart (Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 and Snow White and the Huntsman)
- Mila Jovovich (Resident Evil #5: Retribution)
- Eddie Murphy (A Thousand Words)
- Tyler Perry –Not in drag- (Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds and Alex Cross)
- Robert Pattison (Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2)
- Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider 2 and Seeking Justice)
- Adam Sandler (That’s My Boy)
Visit www.razzies.com for the complete list.